Thursday, January 22, 2009

Well to do, how about you...


Spats have been on my mind for a while. Ever since I re-watched A Little Princess a few years ago and noticed a pair as part of her gorgeous little ensemble upon arriving at the boarding school.



Images borrowed from Warner Brothers, 1995, A Little Princess 

Though they seem to be gaining popularity at the moment, trying to find some here has proven nigh impossible! Ebay was a let down but after stalking around esty for a while I've found a few unique and interesting pieces.

Dark Fusion Boutique has just started to branch out into spats and has produced some fabulous lace, Victoriana styles.


Les Frivolites has some of the most gorgeous leather "gaiterettes", as they call them, I've seen so far. I crave a pair of these beauties!


And for something with a sweeter, Lolita-esque quality EfiaFair's combination of vintage lace and knit in her 'Heirloom Spats' have stricken my fancy.


All in all, I can definitely recommend a perusal of these stores and the like. Many of them are also handmade and/or with vintage materials! Beautiful!


1 comment: